Author Notes: This drink was inspired by the Spicy Watermelon Lemonade at Hundred Acres in NYC. It's super simple to make, and delicious with or without the vodka. - WinnieAb
- approximately 4 cups/32 ounces cubed seedless watermelon, tossed into a blender
- juice of 2-3 seeded limes (or lemons), preferably organic (the amount of lime/lemon juice you use is really up to you...I would add the juice of 2 limes/lemons, taste, and add more if you like)
- 1 jalapeno chile, sliced into 1-2 inch pieces (seed it if you want a mild spicy flavor)
- splash or more of vodka- optional
- Blend the watermelon until smooth (you will end up with about 28 ounces). Add the lime juice and blend again.
- Drop in the sliced jalapeno and allow to infuse the watermelon limeade for 30 minutes or so. The flavor will become more pronounced the longer you leave the jalapeno in...be careful when you are tasting the drink as you don't want the raw jalapeno to make contact with your lips.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the jalapeno pieces and save in the refrigerator to make another batch of the cocktail. Blend the juice again before serving, then pour into glasses over ice (you can strain the juice before serving, if you like, but I did not find it necessary).
- Garnish with additional fresh lime and add vodka to taste, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw