If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I thought of this after I made my cucumber ginger sandwich. I wanted to try cucumbers in a way I've never seen them used. Sure I've pickled them, but I've never spread them on toast, until now. It's a very unusual jelly and a perfect way to use up that bumper crop of cukes. My oldest daughter loves it on bread with sliced cucumbers, lettuce, and sharp cheddar cheese. - Dabblings
Makes 4-5 half pints
- 2 English cucumbers; peeled and chopped into medium sized chunks
- 3 inch piece of ginger; peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 packet of liquid pectin (half a box)
- In a blender, puree the cucumber, the ginger, the lemon juice, and the vinegar until no chunks are left.
- Strain the cucumber juice through a fine mesh sieve to remove any pulp. I also strained it a second time through some cheesecloth to remove extra pulp.
- Put 2 cups of the cucumber juice and the sugar in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for one minute. Add the pectin and boil for 1 minute more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, skimming off any foam.
- Ladle jelly into prepared jars. Follow the water bath method to process the jars.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.