If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This unassuming little square of berry goodness and butter shortcrust can be found in every bakery in Denmark.
It's an afternoon favorite with a cup of tea or coffee. And so easy to bake yourself. - Andreadoria56 —Andreadoria56
Food52 Review: It always comes as a pleasant surprise when a dish that one assumes is so complicated it's best left to the professionals, can be made so easily and what's more, the flavors far exceed expectations. The filling cooks up fast and the lavender and star anise complement, without overpowering, the fresh raspberries. The shortcrust is baked to a golden perfection, and when the top layer is finally laid gently over the raspberry jam, Andreadoria56’s elegant pastry is something that can be enjoyed as a simple snack with a morning coffee or served alongside a scoop of ice cream for dessert. (I skipped the icing and just dusted the powdered sugar over the pastry.) - Panfusine —Panfusine
- 5 ounces Raspberries
- 1 piece star anise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 splashes lemon juice
- 1 sprig lavender
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- Put everything in a saucepan and cook for about 10-12 minutes until the juice gets thick and sticky.
- Cool for at least 2 hours.
- 6 ounces White flour
- 3 teaspoons white sugar
- 3 ounces cold butter
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- Mix flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Cut butter into squares and quickly cut them into the flour-sugar mix with a pastry cutter.
- Add the water and using your clean cool hands quickly bring the dough together in a ball.
- Wrap dough in cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out on flour covered worktop. Shape it into a rectangle and cut that in two length wise. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 F.
- While pastry is still hot cover one sheet with raspberry jam, place the other piece on top - turn it over as you do this, so the flat side is facing up.
- Make a thick icing from icing sugar mixed with lemon juice. Cover the top of your rectangle with icing.
- Cut the individual squares - eight in all - with a sharp knife. It's important this is done while the pastry is still warm - or it will splinter.
- Decorate with sprinkles and/or dashes of raspberry jam.
Tags: keeps well
Go Beyond Guac
Three avocontrol things to do with avocado
Go beyond guac.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
Booze cruise at home.