Author Notes: A refreshing summer salad with a wide range of flavors, from the raw bitterness of endive to the succulent sweetness of raspberries.
We used this recipe in our book "Cooking with the Bible: Recipes for Biblical Meals." - Anthony Chiffolo
- 1 packet fresh spinach
- 2 endive, leaves only
- 1 head of Boston lettuce
- 1 head of red cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1 bunch radicchio
- 1 handful watercress, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 pint raspberries
- 2 cups vinaigrette
- Wash all the greens and toss into a large salad bowl. Crumble the hard-boiled eggs over the salad, and garnish with raspberries.
- Prepare vinaigrette with walnut oil, vinegar, pepper, salt, mustard, and crushed raspberries. Stir well. Pour over salad just before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries