If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love my sprouts thinly sliced and slightly carmelized. I took this concept and added some of my favorite flavors - lemon, anchovy, parmesan cheese, and garlic - to create a quick and delicious side dish. - melissav
Serves 2 as a side dish (can be doubled)
- 1.5 cups Brussel Sprouts (measure after preparing as detailed below in Step 1)
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Anchovy Filet
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Prepare the brussel sprouts - Trim the sprouts and cut off the stem. Slice lengthwise and then thinly slice each half into slivers (like how you would cut an onion half - if that helps). You should have approximately 1.5 cups of slivers. Rinse the slivers and dry very thoroughly.
- Prepare the topping - Mix together the lemon zest, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese and season lightly with salt and pepper
- Cook the Sprouts - Add the olive oil to a skillet along with the anchovy and red pepper flakes. Heat over medium hight heat until very hot and the anchovy has dissolved (you may have to stir it around and mush it up). Add the brussel sprouts, the garlic, and a little salt (go light since there is a lot of salt in the cheese). Give it a quick stir and let sit for a 60-90 seconds so the bottom gets a little golden. Toss and let sit for another 60 - 90 seconds. Add the topping and give a quick stir. Taste and add a little salt and/or pepper if necesssary.
- Remove from heat and squeeze a little lemon juice on top - about 1 tablespoon.
- Serve and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.