Author Notes: One of my favorite summer activities is when my cousin and I spend a whole weekend day doing some combination of tennis, yoga, laying by her pool, and going out to dinner. Although I don't usually like beer, we always have Bud Light Lime by the pool, and I totally love it. This is my spin on our poolside drink, which will always make me think of our summer fundays. - VanessaS - VanessaS
Food52 Review: Crisp and light, bright and bitter ... beer and booze? Yep. This cocktail cures heatstroke, pool or no pool. It tastes like a fine summer day in the Yucatan. After tasting, you'll want to spike your suds from now on! Add a frosted mug and floaties for maximum effect. - laurenewe - laurenewe
- 1 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons orange liquer
- 2 bottles of light beer (I use Pacifico)
- Combine the ginger, water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stir until all the sugar dissolves, and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Pour the mixture into a glass, ginger and all, and place in the refrigerator until cool.
- When the ginger syrup is cool, strain it and divide it between two large glasses. Into each glass, add the juice of 1 lime and 1 tablespoon of orange liquer. Fill each glass with a bottle of beer and stir. On a really hot day, add ice before taking it outside to the pool and enjoying.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail