If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Summertime to me means sitting lakeside in Maine. Years ago it was camp and new friends and bug juice. Now it is a dock and old friends and a cocktail (or two). Either way, it's my favorite way to spend long afternoons. This drink was inspired by a ginger liqueur that one of those friends brought up with her. - cjzern —cjzern
Food52 Review: This is an easy recipe for a balanced sip of something cool. No single element stands above the others. The result is a calming one. Some of my tasters made suggestions to tailor it to their own taste. The ginger freak wanted to add ginger beer with the lemon soda at the end. The basil lover said doubling the amount of the herb in the syrup, taking care to muddle it a bit, would elevate that taste. I liked it as written and was nice and calm after my sipping. Cheers! - cheese1227 —cheese1227
Lemon, Ginger, Basil Cooler
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce ginger liqueur (I used Domaine de Canton)
- 1 to 1.5 ounces basil-infused simple syrup (to taste)
- Lemon Soda (I used San Pellegrino's Limonata)
- I used old jelly jars for this, but in a glass that is approximately the size of a highball or double old-fashioned, add a few ice cubes and the remaining ingredients, using the lemon soda to fill the glass. Stir. Garnish with either a few basil leaves or a lemon twist. Sip. Relax.
Basil-Infused Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup basil
- In a small pot, add all ingredients and stir until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool. Strain out the basil leaves. Can be stored in the refrigerator for about one month.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
The Best Thing since Sliced Bread
Crispy cheese has our hearts
We are in love—with this toast.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
Recipe of the Day
It's in the bag.