If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whilst waiting in the JetBlue terminal at JFK, I ordered a drink called an Eastsider at one of their great restaurants. A little gin, a little mint ... suffice to say it made the flight totally painless. A bit of exploring on the internet revealed it was a takeoff on a drink called a Southsider. The part of town I live in is called the West End, so here's our local spin, which we consumed by the batch poolside on vacation. - wssmom —wssmom
Food52 Review: I highly recommend going the shaken route for this refreshing cocktail. The chill from a good shake is perfect for the cucumber and mint, especially with the St. Germain and gin. If you are muddling without straining, try cutting up the cucumbers a little before muddling to avoid big chunks of cucumber skin. I found 1-inch slice of cucumber to be perfect. - biffbourgeois —Stephanie Bourgeois
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 segments of lime (if you were to cut a lime into eight segments, use two of them)
- a fat slice seedless cucumber
- 2 big (teaspoon size) mint leaves
- 1 ounce St. Germaine liqueur
- 2 ounces Hendricks gin
- sugar to taste
- club soda
- In the bottom of a rocks glass, muddle together the lime juice, the lime segments, the cucumber slice, and the mint leaves. Stir in the St. Germaine and the Hendricks gin, and taste. You may want to add a bit of sugar, or not.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes, and top with a splash of club soda. Garnish with a lime wheel and a mint sprig.
- Alternatively. you may also muddle the lime juice, lime segments, cucumber and mint leaves and put them into an ice-filled martini shaker with the St. Germaine and the Hendricks, shake for 30 seconds, until chilled, and strain into a martini glass. Top with some chilled club soda and ganrish with a lime wheel.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.