If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My dad likes it when his chili makes him sweat. I have grown up in a hostile environment when it comes to spicy foods. I prefer "fire" over "mild" or "spicy." If my lips aren't burning or my eyes aren't watering, a dash of cayenne here, some red pepper flakes there. My best chili pepper recipe is inspired by a love for jalapeños. - Arden Leigh Montgomery
For the salsa verde
- 1 Jalapeño
- 2 Green or unripened tomatoes
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 Avocado
For the boat
- 6 Jalapeño
- Cotija Cheese
- Sriracha (optional)
- Cut the tomatoes in half and grate each half into a small bowl.
- Add the avocado, chopped parsley and cilantro.
- Chop one unseeded jalapeño, add it to the mix.
- Squeeze in one lime and cover the top layer of the salsa with cayenne pepper.
- Grill the Chorizo on medium-high rotating for about 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Cut the jalapeños in half and place them on the grill for about 4-5 minutes or until cooked.
- Once the chorizo and the peppers are done, cut the chorizo to your liking (chopped, ground, cubed..) and place inside the jalapeño boat.
- Top it off with the salsa verde, cotija cheese, sriracha (optional) and a squeeze of lime.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe