Author Notes: My dad likes it when his chili makes him sweat. I have grown up in a hostile environment when it comes to spicy foods. I prefer "fire" over "mild" or "spicy." If my lips aren't burning or my eyes aren't watering, a dash of cayenne here, some red pepper flakes there. My best chili pepper recipe is inspired by a love for jalapeños. - Arden Leigh Montgomery
For the salsa verde
- 1 Jalapeño
- 2 Green or unripened tomatoes
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 Avocado
For the boat
- 6 Jalapeño
- Cotija Cheese
- Sriracha (optional)
- Cut the tomatoes in half and grate each half into a small bowl.
- Add the avocado, chopped parsley and cilantro.
- Chop one unseeded jalapeño, add it to the mix.
- Squeeze in one lime and cover the top layer of the salsa with cayenne pepper.
- Grill the Chorizo on medium-high rotating for about 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Cut the jalapeños in half and place them on the grill for about 4-5 minutes or until cooked.
- Once the chorizo and the peppers are done, cut the chorizo to your liking (chopped, ground, cubed..) and place inside the jalapeño boat.
- Top it off with the salsa verde, cotija cheese, sriracha (optional) and a squeeze of lime.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe