Author Notes: This recipe came about from an abundance of jalapenos and lack of much else in the fridge. Sometimes accidental discoveries produce great things! Simplicity at its best. I have used other meats such as cooked sausage or finely chopped ham, but bacon rules. - mbass913
- 15 jalapenos, halved longway and seeded
- 8 ounces shredded mozarella
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray or use easy release foil.
- Arrange pepper halves cut side up on cookie sheet.
- Prebake peppers for 15 minutes at 350, then remove from oven.
- Sprinkle each ingredient into the pepper halves in the order given and return to oven to melt for about 10 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe