Author Notes: We used to travel west every year and somewhere from Texas to California I tasted a tangy vinaigrette and came home to design my own version.
I have used other dried peppers when I’m out of the dried anchos but pay attention to the heat level.
We enjoyed some of the dressing served with a salad of Bibb lettuce, arugula, corn grill roasted and removed from the cob, red and green chopped onions and a few yellow and red grape tomatoes. - ibbeachnana
Makes about a cup
- 1 dried ancho chile seeds removed, re-hydrated and finely chopped
- 1 Small bunch of cilantro about ½ cup, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup lime juice adjust amount to suit your taste
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon New Mexico chile powder
- Blend all dressing ingredients. Serve with a salad of Bibb lettuce, arugula, roasted removed from the cob, red and green chopped onions and a few yellow and red grape tomatoes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Tags: Tangy pepper vinaigrette