If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is hands down our favorite home-canned product. When my husband and I were in college we ate so much of this jelly smeared on hard crackers with goat cheese that we dubbed it "The Snack". In truth it was more like The Snack, The Lunch, The Dinner, you get the idea. Serve this sweet and spicy jelly with soft cheese such as chevre or brie. It is also an excellent addition to a grilled cheese sandwich or a glaze for grilled salmon. Yum! - My Pantry Shelf
Makes 6 half pints
- 2 orange bell peppers
- 8 habanero peppers
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 packet no or low sugar pectin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Seed and stem bell peppers and habaneros. (Take care with the habanero, they are extremely hot. Gloves are recommended.)
- Roughly chop the peppers, then toss into a food processor and process until minced, but not pureed.
- Place peppers, vinegar, pectin, salt and butter to a full rolling boil. Stir constantly.
- Add sugar and return to a boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam. Fill sterile mason jars leaving a 1/2 inch head-space.
- To make shelf stable- process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.