If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I think I found a recipe for this somewhere, years ago, but I honestly can't recall where, and I'm sure I've altered it enough over the years to call it my own. It's a great side with anything Mexican or barbecued; the chipotle and the bacon together give it a great smoky taste with a touch of heat, the bacon provides a little crunch, and the onions, well, onions are just good, that's all. —Kayb
- 2 strips bacon, diced
- 6 ears corn, shucked and silked
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 or 2 chipotles in adobo, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- Saute the bacon until crisp; remove and set aside.
- Dice onion and saute in bacon fat until translucent and soft. Add garlic and saute for about 90 seconds.
- Cut kernels off corn and add to skillet. Saute over medium high heat until some of them begin to brown lightly.
- Add minced chipotles as well as a little adobo and stir.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cover. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove cover and continue to cook until water has evaporated.
- Stir bacon back in to corn immediately before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.