If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pamonha is a Brazilian food, often made in a corn husk like a tamale, and can be sweet or savory. This is my take on the dessert version. If flourless chocolate cake had a vegetable-y cousin, this would be it. I like to serve it with some sliced peaches and blueberries on the side. - VanessaS
Food52 Review: Although this looks a bit like a cake, it’s really more like a custard that is both sturdy enough to stand up, while being light and even somewhat airy. The recipe calls for exactly the right amount of coconut milk and cinnamon to provide a gentle, even subtle, counterpoint to the flavorful fresh corn. We found this to be a rather sweet dessert, due to the sweetened condensed milk, so do follow VanessaS’s suggestion to serve it with fruit. I made Amanda’s barely sweetened Blueberry Grappa Sauce to serve with this, using somewhat tart, late-season berries. Delicious!! - AntoniaJames - AntoniaJames
- 5 ears of corn
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch springform pan and wrap the outside securely with tin foil.
- Working over a wide, shallow pan (I use a lasagna pan), cut the kernels off the corn cobs with a sharp knife. Scrape the cobs to extract the milky juice from the cob and add to the pan with the kernels. Reserve 1 cup of corn kernels.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except the reserved corn kernels. Blend until thoroughly mixed and almost smooth, about 1 minute. Stir in remaining kernels. Pour mixture into the springform pan and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about an hour and fifteen minutes, until the top of the cake is golden brown. Let cool before removing the sides from the pan.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.