If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Although I have started my life as a person in the "real world", waking up before 10 am and limiting the number of venti americanos with soy milk I drink in a day, there are some parts of me that will never change. Avid fans of late night dining, netflix, and $2 wine, my roommate and I have become regulars at a local asian restaurant. This recipe - especially the delicious fried egg - provides me with the right dose of nostalgia for greasy goodness, but without the stomach ache. It is simply delicious - especially when you add a ton more garlic and whatever other fresh veggies you have around. - athaler11
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons nasi goreng paste
- 1 head of broccoli (3 cups), florets removed and separated
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, sliced
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 eggs, fried
- ketchup manis to serve
- chopped chiles to serve
- In a large, hot wok, fry onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant
- Add nasi goreng paste and fry for another minute
- Add broccoli, sugar snap peas and cabbage and cook for 5 minutes
- Add water and allow vegetables to cook until water has evaporated
- Add cooked rice, soy, fish sauce and honey. Stir to combine.
- Allow to cook for another 5 minutes, and serve with fried egg on top.
- For this (and more like it), please visit www.tastethentell.blogspot.com. Enjoy!