If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a can of hominy that I impulse-purchased. Adapted from The Wednesday Chef's blog post about Julia Moskin's Caramelized Corn with Fresh Mint.
Sconeman said “it tastes like popcorn.” Minty popcorn. Alternately, use regular canned corn, if you'd like, or a fresh ear of corn. - mrslarkin
Serves 1 or 2
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- one 10-ounce can hominy, or plain canned or frozen corn, or fresh kernels cut from 1 cob (just over a cupful)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint, or cilantro, or both
- kosher salt to taste
- Place canned hominy or corn in a colander. Rinse and drain well.
- Heat butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add hominy, or corn. When heated through, and hominy/corn starts to pick up a tiny bit of color, remove to a serving bowl. Toss with fresh chopped mint, or cilantro, or both.
- Taste for salt. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Fried Toast and Ice Cream Floats.
A list of things we like.
Listing What We Like.
3 Ways to Compost
Go play outside!
DIY Herb Rubs
Not-so traditional pesto