If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I once bought my husband a private cooking lesson with a kosher chef that we loved in NYC. We went into the restaurant kitchen and learned the art of searing. At the same time we learned this amazing creamed corn recipe that is easy and delicious. —Tamar Genger
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine or stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice off the tips of the corn kernels with a sharp knife and set aside. Then using a large spoon, scrape the corn flesh off the cob into a bowl it will be mushy and watery.
- Heat pan with oil over medium heat (or you can use the pan drippings after cooking meat).
- Add the corn mush to thep an and saute about two minutes. Add the wine and cook another minute, add salt and pepper to taste and stir in the corn tips. If it dries out just add a bit more wine or stock.
- Serve with a crispy seared steak or chicken or anything.
Tags: vegan creamed corn
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Noodley Is an Adjective
The salad you should be making for dinner tonight
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
Shop at the Food52 office.
It's in the bag.