Author Notes: No Buttermilk in the Fridge? No problem!
Add 1 T. lemon juice or vinegar to 1 C. milk
Let rest on counter for 5 minutes and voila...buttermilk!
It's seriously that easy!
Want less fat? Use pre-grated non fat mozzarella and cheddar available at most markets! - KCintheKitchen
- 2 cups Self Rising Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh Sage
- 1 1/2 cup Grated Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Grated Cheddar
- 2 Ears Fresh Corn Kernels
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 6 Slices cooked & crumble Bacon
- In a large mixing bowl combine Flour, salt, garlic powder, sage, mozzarella, cheddar and corn, bacon and mix well with wooden spoon.
- In a small mixing bowl melt butter in microwave then add buttermilk and eggs and beat with a whisk until well mixed.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and stir 15-18 times JUST until ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix.
- Use an ice cream scoop to measure out and fill the muffin tins (which you should coat with non stick spray) ¾ full.
- Bake in a pre heated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Tags: super easy to make