Author Notes: This recipe combines three of my favorite foods- sweet corn, roasted beets, and salty feta- into one delicious salad. - MEW
Makes 2 1/2 cups
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup beet greens
- 1/2 cup swiss chard
- 2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cups beets
- 3/4 cups sweet corn kernels, off the cob
- 1/2 cup feta, small dice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat convection oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut beets in half and mix in a roasting dish with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and roast until fork tender (approx. 45 min.). Allow to cool, peel, and cut into small dice.
- Cut beet greens and swiss chard into small pieces. Saute over medium heat with scallions, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, and a dash of salt and pepper for approximately 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Combine roasted beets with sauteed greens, sweet corn kernels and feta. Season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob