Author Notes: I made this to go with some chili rubbed grilled shrimp after a visit to the farmers market. The combo of the salty manchego with the cool lime was perfect against the spicy shrimp. It gets a slightly smoky flavor from grilling that enhances sweet flavor of the farm fresh corn. And if you don't have a grill, you can always roast the corn in the oven at 425 degrees. Perfect to go with Spanish or Mexican food! - Meatballs&Milkshakes
- 3 ears corn in the husks
- 1 cup manchego, grated
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Grill the corn in the husks for 15-20 minutes and let cool. You can also roast at 425 as an alternative.
- Remove corn from the cobs and discard cobs (or reserve for another use).
- Saute corn and red pepper flakes in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 5 minutes. Add butter and remove from heat once melted.
- Add remaining olive oil, lime zest and juice, honey, and chives. Let cool a few minutes and add manchego. Stir together and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob