If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the contrasting flavors and textures of this dish. The silky pasta, crunchy corn kernels, and fresh herbs make this a great summer supper. To me, this dish is all about freshness and taking advantage of one of my favorite summertime eats, corn! —Kitchen Sink Diaries
Serves two - three
- 8 ounces dried spaghetti
- 3 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 1/2 pound medium-sized shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1-2 pinches red chili flakes
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water until 2 minutes before al dente (follow package instructions minus two minutes).
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 3 minutes per side (or until they just turn opaque). Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 more tbsp. of olive oil and the corn kernels to the pan. Cook the corn for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove and set aside.
- Add garlic to the pan, cook until fragrant, then add the wine and let the sauce reduce by half (3-5 minutes).
- Add the corn back to the pan, along with the cream, parsley, and red chili flake. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 c. pasta cooking water.
- Reduce the pan's heat to low. Toss the pasta and shrimp in the pan with the corn sauce, gradually adding pasta cooking water to moisten and bind the pasta (you might not need the entire cup).
- Continue tossing pasta until al dente and silky, about 2 minutes. Do one final check for seasoning and divide onto plates. Garnish with extra parsley, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Cheese peppers, grapes, and more
This week's best #F52farmstands.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Storage made crystal clear.