Author Notes: Inspired after reading the soup and cream corn F52 entries, I thought, why not a refreshing smoothie; another recipe to help use up the garden harvest, when you need to. The taste of sweet corn with a blend of some tropical fruits, this recipe is perfect for a breakfast, a pick me up and even though I have not tried it, yet, I am thinking a little Coconut Rum would add a special touch! - lapadia
Makes about 5 cups
- Note, I used full fat yogurt and coconut milk
- 2-1/2 cups fresh sweet white corn kernels (3 medium cobs)
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 3/4 cup honey flavor Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chunks of pineapple
- 1 cup chunks of mango
- 1 small banana (optional)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups ice
- Shave off the corn kernels - position the cob on the end of a bowl and run a knife down the sides to get all the kernels and its juice.
- Add the vanilla bean - split lengthwise and with the tip of a knife scrape the seeds from the bean into the bowl. Add grated ginger. Place into a blender.
- Add the honey, coconut milk, pineapple, mango, banana (if using) and honey. Blend till smooth. Taste for sweetness and add more honey, if needed.
- Add ice cubes and blend.
- Serve in a chilled glass and, optional - grate a little fresh nutmeg over the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob