If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Caprese salads and skewers are one of those great antipasti dishes you just love. The tomatoes and basil are just waiting for that mozzarella to come and make a party! Every time there is a foodpickle posting asking what appetizer to please a large crowd, a veggie crowd, a recipe to beat the heat or easily transported...this is the recipe Boulangere or I always post. Can't wait to see what she posts, but here is mine... —lorigoldsby
Serves a crowd
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 pound mini mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup good quality, fruity olive oil
- 3 tablespoons good quality aged balsamic vinegar (the thicker, the better)
- kosher salt & coarse cracked pepper
- 48 wooden skewers or toothpicks
- Mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar and marinate mozzarella by breaking mini balls into individual pieces. refrigerate 30 min to overnight.
- Wash basil leaves and spin dry in salad spinner. Slice cherry tomato into quarters. Add mozzarella ball and wrap the basil leave around both. Use skewer to secure leaf.
- These can be stored in refrigerator a day ahead. Drizzle with olive oil before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Anything but Watered down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.