Author Notes: I thought we are going to have a sushi dinner with friend, they ask that I'll bring a salad. So I thought I should do something more suitable in flavor than regular green salad. Actually I read the invitation wrong and we were not having sushi. Still though we had a lot of food on the table there wasn't any salad half way into dinner. So this with sushi or not, this is just great, fresh easy salad everybody enjoys. - Cordelia
- 1/3 cup reduce soduim soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- juice from one small lemon
- 2 teaspoons of fresh grated ginger root
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons of vegtable oil
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of wasabi paste or chili
- 1 medium napa cabbage
- 6 ounces of shredded\julienne carrot (about 3 carrots)
- 6 ounces of sugar snapo pea
- 4 green onions\scallions
- 3/4 cups of roasted salted cashews
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a big bowl.
- Wash the snap pea and cut lengthwise to 1/4 inch pieces.
- Add the shredded carrots and the snap pea pieces to the bowl on top of the dressing without mixing.
- Cut the green onion to 1/4 inch pieces and add to the bowl.
- Cut the Napa cabbage in half lengthwise and slice into thin ribbons. Wash well and dry well. Add to the bowl of the other veggies without mixing.
- Add the cashews on top.
- You can prepare 1-2 hours ahead of time and mix just before serving.
- You can add: cherry tomatoes cut in half, 2 small cucumbers julienned, toasted sesame seeds or black sesame seeds. Can be made with regular green cabbage.