If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I thought we are going to have a sushi dinner with friend, they ask that I'll bring a salad. So I thought I should do something more suitable in flavor than regular green salad. Actually I read the invitation wrong and we were not having sushi. Still though we had a lot of food on the table there wasn't any salad half way into dinner. So this with sushi or not, this is just great, fresh easy salad everybody enjoys. —Cordelia
- 1/3 cup reduce soduim soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- juice from one small lemon
- 2 teaspoons of fresh grated ginger root
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons of vegtable oil
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of wasabi paste or chili
- 1 medium napa cabbage
- 6 ounces of shredded\julienne carrot (about 3 carrots)
- 6 ounces of sugar snapo pea
- 4 green onions\scallions
- 3/4 cup of roasted salted cashews
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a big bowl.
- Wash the snap pea and cut lengthwise to 1/4 inch pieces.
- Add the shredded carrots and the snap pea pieces to the bowl on top of the dressing without mixing.
- Cut the green onion to 1/4 inch pieces and add to the bowl.
- Cut the Napa cabbage in half lengthwise and slice into thin ribbons. Wash well and dry well. Add to the bowl of the other veggies without mixing.
- Add the cashews on top.
- You can prepare 1-2 hours ahead of time and mix just before serving.
- You can add: cherry tomatoes cut in half, 2 small cucumbers julienned, toasted sesame seeds or black sesame seeds. Can be made with regular green cabbage.
Wait, What's Sorghum?
The ancient grain that's poppin'
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
Put pizza in a pocket.
It's in the bag.