If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We eat a lot of chili in the winter.....in a bowl as is, with macaroni added and sometimes served over spaghetti with toppings like a 5 way. For this one I lightened it up by omitting the meat and using roasted cherry tomatoes instead of the winter time canned. This one is great for any season!
Makes about 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium poblano pepper, seeded and cut into 8 relatively square pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into pieces about the same size as the poblano
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided (1 & 3)
- 1 jalapeno pepper,seeded and finely diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups cooked or in a pinch, one 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 to 12 ounces dry spaghetti
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling on the pasta
- Shredded Jack or cheddar cheese for garnish (or both)
- Sliced green onion for garnish
- Sour cream for garnish
- Roll the cherry tomatoes in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and roast in a pre heated 400F oven for about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Broil the onion and poblano (skin side up) pieces for about 5 minutes or until the pepper pieces begin to blister a bit. Let cool.
- Place all but one cup of the smallest tomatoes in the bowl of a food processor along with all of the onion and 2 pieces of the poblano. Process until not quite smooth, but a little rustic.
- Finely dice the remaining poblano pieces and in a large saute pan, saute the poblano, jalapeno and minced garlic in the remaining 3 tablespoon olive oil until the garlic becomes fragrant (maybe a minute or two).
- Stir in the chili powder and cumin and add the tomato mixture and salt. Simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Add the beans and reserved cup of roasted tomatoes. Bring up to the heat after cooking the spaghetti per package directions. Save a little pasta water if you care to loosen the sauce a bit.
- Place 1/4 of the pasta on a plate or bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil, ladle some of the chili over and garnish with the cheese, sour cream and green onion.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls