If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 4 cups mustard greens, chopped
- 1 pound button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 pound red potatoes
- 1/4 pound goat cheese, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- oil for frying
- 2 dashes of salt and 1 dash of pepper
- 1 well beaten egg
- small amount of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Wash greens, place in saucepan and boil over medium-high heat for 30 minuets. Strain and dry.
- Wash potatoes, place in separate saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork. Dry and mash.
- Mix mushrooms, cheese and mashed potatoes in the same sauce pan used to cook potatoes in, add 1/2 cup cream and simmer very slowly over low-heat for 8 minuets, stirring all the time. Add nutmeg, greens and season with 1 dash of salt and 1 dash of pepper.
- Add flour and mix well with pan off of heat. Allow to cool. Drop spoonfuls of mixture into separate sauce pan of hot oil, browning well on both sides. Take out and set aside.
- In bowl, mix egg, butter, sugar, mustard, 1 dash of salt and 1 cup of cream. Drizzle over hot cakes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.