If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dressing gets better every day as leftovers! I would suggest making it a day ahead and letting the flavors all absorb. I use it as a side dish, but have stuffed the turkey with it also. I usually double the recipe, so that there are plenty of leftovers! —gotwine
- 1 1/4 cups Long Grain Rice
- 2 Sweet Italian Sausages
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup Brown Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups peeled, seeded tomatoes,chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- pinches dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1/2 pound tiny shrimp,shelled,deveined
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions until firm-tender, not soft; you should have about 3 1/2C.
- Saute sausages in oil in medium skillet, over medium heat, turning frequently, until browned on all sides. Cool. Cut into 1/8 in. slices
- Saute onion and garlic in butter in large skillet orver medium heat until golden, about 6 minutes. Add green and red peppers and cook 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sprinkle with sugar. Add broth, basil, lemon zest, chili powder and thyme. Cook 5 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl. Stir in ham, shrimp, sausages and rice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If you are stuffing the turkey with this, let it cool before you do.
- If you just want the dressing as a side dish, bake at medium heat 350 degrees for a half hour or so.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Stuffing
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.