If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe that I used at a New Year's Eve party that was going to be attended by a ton of vegetarians. Being an omnivore with absolutely no dilemma, I wanted something with kick and a bit off the beaten path. This was the biggest hit of the party. Don't let the long list of ingredients and steps put you off. It's not complicated at all.
A note: the almond butter tends to thicken as if by magic so don't be afraid to thin it out with water. I use the Swiss Chard stems in a stew or saute them with lemon zest, ginger, garlic and onions they make a very festive side. —Judy at My Well Seasoned Life
Makes 12 or so wraps
- 1 cup Tamarind Paste
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Chopped cashews
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice
- 1 Zest of lemon
- 2 Inch piece of ginger peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 Thai chiles with seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Almond butter
- 1/2 Head of savoy caggage shredded
- 6 Large Swiss Chard leaves
- 1 Carrot julienned
- 1 Mango sliced lengthwise into batons
- 1 Cuccumber julienned
- 1/2 cup Cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup Torn basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Mint leaves
- For Tamarind Dipping Sauce Place first four ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. This can be made ahead of time and refrigerated.
- Mix cashews, sesame oil and salt in small bowl set aside.
- Almond Butter: In a clean blender, puree second amount of maple syrup, lemon zest and juice, ginger, chiles and soy in blender puree until smooth. Add almond butter and blend to combine. If the mixture is too thick add water.
- Add shredded savoy cabbage into a large bowl. Pour almond butter mixture over it. Toss to coat the cabbage.
- Cut large Swiss chard leaves in half along the stem line. Save the stems for another purpose.
- Place chard leaf on a cutting board with the ugly side facing you. Place a few tablespoons of the cabbage mixture across the bottom of the leaf closest to you. Sprinkle some cashew mixture on top.
- Add a few of the julienne veggies and mango on top of that. Then sprinkle a few of the herbs on top of this.
- Roll leaf from the bottom up. Try to keep as tight as you can. Place on serving platter seam side down. Continue until all leaves are filled.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.