If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend inspired me to make spinach salad with strawberries and suggested adding mandarin orange sections. She led me to a recipe that she has used before so I went from there and added other fresh berries, Craisins, crumbled gorgonzola and completely changed the dressing. A fresh and light salad with a tangy sweet dressing that went over quite well with friends for a casual dinner. They had a nice bottle of local wine that went nicely with the salad, a Blackberry Merlot.
I really didn't measure anything so you can add as much or as little of the ingredients as you please - ibbeachnana
- 12 ounces cleaned and dried baby spinach
- 1/2 small head of Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves, cleaned and dried
- 3 ounces fresh raspberries, rinsed and dried
- 3 ounces blackberries, rinsed and dried
- 5-6 ounces canned drained mandarin oranges
- 1 1/2 ounces honey roasted almonds or nuts of your choice
- 1-2 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon blood orange olive oil
- 1 tablespoon White balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2-3 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, sugar, honey, and salt and pepper, taste for sweetness. You might substitute the blood orange oil with blood orange juice added to some mild olive oil or maybe the mandarin orange juice. Make your salad either on individual chilled salad plates or in a big salad bowl. Dress and toss just before serving. I start with adding just about 1/2 of the dressing and add more if necessary.
Tags: Spinach salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.