Author Notes: This is the recipe that my father made for Thanksgiving when I was a little girl. I watched him and now I make this for our family gathering at Thanksgiving. - Pollya
Makes 12x18 lasagna pan
- 2 loaves white bread
- 1 9x13 pan cornbread
- 2 Medium onions, chopped
- 5 stalks celery chopped
- 2 qts Turkey broth, made previously
- Dried Sage and poultry seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 Eggs, slightly beaten
- Turkey Giblets
- Toas the bread and let set overnight. Cut bread into croutons.
- Prepare the cornbread and crumble. Let this set overnight to dry out.
- Add chopped onions and celery to turkey stoct and simmer until tender.
- Add turkey stock to mixture of croutons and cornbread. Add sage, salt and pepper to taste. Add eggs and mix well.
- Place in greased pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. If the stuffing looks dry, pour more stock over and let it be absorbed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce