If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One summer, I had a similar version of this salad at sweetgreen in DC every day for lunch. (When I say every day, I seriously mean evvveerrryyyy day) For some bizarre reason theyve taken it off the menu now, but that doesnt stop me from making my own interpretation across the pond! There is something about pears and brie and almonds that screams "oo la la l'amour" ;add that to a nice bed of greens and you have a happy tummy. :) - yella
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups mache / rampon
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 pears, cored and cubed
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted ( I prefer almond slivers or slices)
- 7 ounces brie, cubed
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine mache, arugula, pears and almonds in a salad bowl.
- Add 3/4 of the vinaigrette to the bowl , taste test. If it is too dry, add some more.
- Toss the salad with the brie and serve (preferably with warm whole wheat bread). Bon app!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.