Author Notes: This recipe was born out of a desire to grab whatever my inner-kid felt like using to bake with at the supermarket. Animal Cookies? Check. Cream Cheese? LOVE. Sprinkles? Yes, please! Hence I started with an animal cookie crust, layered some cream cheese icing and topped the bars with cookie batter filled with white chocolate chips and sprinkles. - FedandZested
Makes 1 pan of bars
- 8 ounces animal cookies
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Icing & Batter
- 1/2 stick butter (for icing)
- 1/2 package cream cheese (for icing)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (for icing)
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 stick butter (for cookie layer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- sprinkles - to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Then crush the 8 oz. of animal crackers in a bag until fine and grainy. Pour into a bowl and add in the stick of melted butter, honey, and cinnamon to make crust. Stir and then place in the bottom of a baking pan .
- Then place the crust in the oven until its golden brown (I put it in there for approximately 10 minutes).
- Next, move onto the icing and take the 1/2 stick butter, 1/2 package of cream cheese and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and stir mixture over low heat until melted together. Place in freezer or fridge for 5 or so minutes to cool slightly.
- While that is cooling you can make your cookie batter. Mix the flour, sugar, and baking powder together in a bowl. Then mix in the two eggs (lightly beaten together), vanilla, and butter (I use melted but not super hot so as to not effect the eggs too much.)
- Then add in the white chocolate chips and sprinkles to the cookie batter.
- Now comes the fun part – layering. You can really mix the cookie dough and the icing anyway you want. I thought it would be fun to have the icing layer in-between the crust and the cookie mixture so I spread it on very thinly right over the baked crust. Then I spread out the cookie dough in an even layer on top of the icing (careful or some of the crust will mix in).
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.