If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pear soup cooked on pork belly is an old Danish tradition - as is fried pork with apples or pears, but this pear soup is my idea of a more modern soup. - Andreadoria56
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 Jerusalem artichokes diced
- 3 pears peeled, cored and diced
- 3 sage leafs cut in strips
- 2 tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 liter veal stock
- Some diced pear
- 1 slice of bread diced
- 3 mushrooms chopped
- a few strips of crisp savoy cappage
- In a cast iron pot melt butter and sauté onions, Jerusalem artichokes, sage and pear.
- Add the sherry vinegar and let it reduce a bit before adding the stock.
- Cook at a gentle boil for about 25 minutes. Then blend the soup. Put it back in the pot, adjust taste with salt and pepper.
- Make garnish by sautéing pear, mushroom and bread in a little butter until the bread is crisp and the mushroom cooked but before the the pear turns mushy.
- To serve: Ladle into soup bowl and garnish first with the strips of cabbage and then with the sautéed bread, pear and mushroom mixture.
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.