Author Notes: Pear soup cooked on pork belly is an old Danish tradition - as is fried pork with apples or pears, but this pear soup is my idea of a more modern soup. - Andreadoria56
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 Jerusalem artichokes diced
- 3 pears peeled, cored and diced
- 3 sage leafs cut in strips
- 2 tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 liter veal stock
- Some diced pear
- 1 slice of bread diced
- 3 mushrooms chopped
- a few strips of crisp savoy cappage
- In a cast iron pot melt butter and sauté onions, Jerusalem artichokes, sage and pear.
- Add the sherry vinegar and let it reduce a bit before adding the stock.
- Cook at a gentle boil for about 25 minutes. Then blend the soup. Put it back in the pot, adjust taste with salt and pepper.
- Make garnish by sautéing pear, mushroom and bread in a little butter until the bread is crisp and the mushroom cooked but before the the pear turns mushy.
- To serve: Ladle into soup bowl and garnish first with the strips of cabbage and then with the sautéed bread, pear and mushroom mixture.