If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here's the deal with this recipe: it so forgiving! With not much in my fridge and not wanting to make a trip to the store, I relied on what was at hand and eggs, to my mind, are just about perfect at anytime of the day. I love their versatility. I was going to make egg salad, when this thought occurred to me: devil them and fry 'em up! Deviled eggs need a new name because these were angelic! Make your own favorite recipe for them, but here's
what I did with mine: Oh, and serve them with a simple green salad and there's dinner! —TiggyBee
Serves 22 if you're lucky
- 12 fresh eggs
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 pinch cayanne pepper
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- optional garlic powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- butter for frying
- a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil can be added if egg mixture is too dry, or if you don't like mayo
- Hard boil the eggs and when cool, shell and slice them in half, placing the yolks into a separate bowl .
- Mix the egg yolks with the Dijon, mayo, or a bit of your best olive oil if you're not a mayo lover. Add some garlic powder to taste (your choice) a pinch of cayanne and salt & pepper and what ever you choose! Meanwhile, mince a fresh shallot and sauté it in olive oil until translucent and add to the egg yolk mixture when cooled.
- Then, spoon the cooled egg yolk mixture into the cooled egg white halves and heat up a fry pan with butter. When the butter is browning, place the filled egg on the yolk side down and sauté for about a minute, when it should be nicely crisped!
- If you have fresh chives add them on top. If not, they're just as good as is!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.