Author Notes: This is a great way to use up leftover roasted pumpkin. You could also use acorn squash, butternut squash or yams. This salad packs a lot of crunch! The dressing is very subtle but you can make it louder by adding a spice of your choice, or an infused oil. Happy Autumn! - Anitalectric
- 2 cups cooked lentils*
- 2 cups roasted pumpkin, diced
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 cup radicchio, chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 handful sunflower sprouts
- 1/4 cup pomagranate seeds, to garnish
- *I like to cook the lentils with plenty of water, to keep them from sticking, and a dried chipotle pepper. The heat stays in the pepper, but the smoky sweetness permeates into the beans.
- Divide ingredients between two plates and drizzle with Tahini Dill dressing. Serve extra dressing on the side. Suggested accompaniments: toasted pita, Sweedish rye flatbreads, or nori wrappers.
Tahini Dill Dressing
- 1/2 cup dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tahini, heaping
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the first six ingredients in a bowl and whisk in the olive oil. Season to taste.