Author Notes: I make this recipe every year for Thanksgiving. I love mushrooms and all of the other ingredients so I decided to pair them together and it turned out great. It is rich and decadent, a mushrooms lovers dream. - ADRIENE
- 8 8 oz. packs cremini mushrooms-quartered
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 yellow onions-small dice
- 2 tablespoons garlic-minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch green onion-minced
- salt & pepper
- Get a large pot on the stove and heat up the oilve oil. Add the diced onions and saute until they start turning golden.
- Add all of the quartered mushrooms to the pot with onions and saute. This process will take a long time, up to an hour becasue there is so much liquid to evaporate from the mushrooms. Continue to stir and scrape the bottom of the pan throughout the process.
- Once all of the liquid is absorbed add the garlic and cook for a couple minutes.
- Now add the brandy and cook until all of the liquid has reduced out, a few minutes.
- Add the flour and butter and cook for a couple minutes. Add the heavy cream in slowly while stirring. Bring to a boil, make sure that you scrape the bottom so it doesn't stick. Cook for about 10 minutes on a low heat after it comes to a boil. Turn of the flame. Add juice of one lemon and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Add in the minced green onions and serve.