If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make this recipe every year for Thanksgiving. I love mushrooms and all of the other ingredients so I decided to pair them together and it turned out great. It is rich and decadent, a mushrooms lovers dream. —ADRIENE
- 8 8 oz. packs cremini mushrooms-quartered
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 yellow onions-small dice
- 2 tablespoons garlic-minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch green onion-minced
- salt & pepper
- Get a large pot on the stove and heat up the oilve oil. Add the diced onions and saute until they start turning golden.
- Add all of the quartered mushrooms to the pot with onions and saute. This process will take a long time, up to an hour becasue there is so much liquid to evaporate from the mushrooms. Continue to stir and scrape the bottom of the pan throughout the process.
- Once all of the liquid is absorbed add the garlic and cook for a couple minutes.
- Now add the brandy and cook until all of the liquid has reduced out, a few minutes.
- Add the flour and butter and cook for a couple minutes. Add the heavy cream in slowly while stirring. Bring to a boil, make sure that you scrape the bottom so it doesn't stick. Cook for about 10 minutes on a low heat after it comes to a boil. Turn of the flame. Add juice of one lemon and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Add in the minced green onions and serve.