If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Insanely moist, well spiced, shockingly diet friendly and easily adaptable to be made gluten-free using oat flour, this pumpkin cake has become a household staple this fall. While I've added a simple maple glaze in the past, it really is best to shine on its own!
This has been adapted and edited from allrecipes.com http://bit.ly/ujfuJL. - kate-monster
Makes 1 bundt cake
- 2 cups Whole Wheat or Oat Flour
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 dash Salt
- 1.5 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 2 cups Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 3/4 cups Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and applesauce until smooth. Mix in pumpkin and vanilla. Add each egg one at a time. Gradually add the flour mixture just until combined. Stir in walnuts. As always, do not overmix!
- Place batter into bundt cake pan and bake for approximately one hour until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool before removing from pan.