Author Notes: Insanely moist, well spiced, shockingly diet friendly and easily adaptable to be made gluten-free using oat flour, this pumpkin cake has become a household staple this fall. While I've added a simple maple glaze in the past, it really is best to shine on its own!
This has been adapted and edited from allrecipes.com http://bit.ly/ujfuJL. - kate-monster
Makes 1 bundt cake
- 2 cups Whole Wheat or Oat Flour
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 dash Salt
- 1.5 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 2 cups Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 3/4 cups Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and applesauce until smooth. Mix in pumpkin and vanilla. Add each egg one at a time. Gradually add the flour mixture just until combined. Stir in walnuts. As always, do not overmix!
- Place batter into bundt cake pan and bake for approximately one hour until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool before removing from pan.