Author Notes: Rainy season in India and a hot cup of tea and Pakoras wow! What a treat! Yes, as soon as it starts raining, everyone gets reason to have hot fried fritters. Pakoras are made out of any vegetable possible on earth, Potatoes, onions, capsicums, cauliflower, spinach leaves, Fenugreek leaves, cottage cheese, ripe bananas,corn etc etc...the list might go on.... - PistachioDoughnut
- 1 cup onions, diced or slcied with madoline
- 1 Potato, sliced with mandoline
- 1 cup Capsicum, diced
- 11/2 cups Chickpea Flour
- 2 teaspoons Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 cup Water
- Oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon Chaat masala
- Take chickpea flour , rice flour , red chilli powder , salt, and turmeric powder. Add desired water to make a batter suited for frying. Rice flour adds crispy ness to the fritters. Divide the batter in two equal parts for onions and green bell peppers.
- Add the onions to the batter and green bell pepper to the other bowl of batter. Fry them one by one. Finally dip the potatoes in the batter and fry them also.
- Once fried sprinkle a little pinch of chaat masala on top of all the pakoras. Similarly we can make pakoras from bread slices also, mushrooms, zucchini etc etc.. Serve them with cilantro chutney or ketchup