If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe hails from the Northern state of UP in India, where I come from, and is a staple at my house during Diwali.Its an Eggplant dish with Potatoes and Spinach,a very simple yet extremely flavorful.It evokes memories growing up,when my mom used to make this in a "lohe ki kadhai"(cast iron wok).Apparently that's how you're supposed to cook this dish to get the maximum flavor and color out of it. So if you have a cast iron wok, use that otherwise use your normal cookware. —Soni's Food
- 2 Potatoes,peeled and chopped
- 2-3 Bunches of Spinach roughly chopped
- 2 Chinese Eggplant chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds(methi-easily available in Indian stores)
- 1 pinch Asefetida
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 Jalapenos chopped
- 1 tablespoon Salt (or to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Heat 1tbsp of oil in a deep pan and add the fenugreek seeds(methi seeds) until it splutters. Add the asafetida, chopped garlic and green chillies and fry for about a minute until the garlic turns golden but not burnt.Now add the potato, eggplant and spinach one-by-one. Add salt and cover. Cook on high until the spinach wilts and mixes in with the rest. Turn the heat on medium and cook the vegetables covered until they are all cooked and all the water has been absorbed. Serve with Naan, Rotis or Rice.
Quick! Make these summery recipes while there's still time
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
This week's #happylist.
Storage made crystal clear.