If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For a breakfast salad especially with all the holiday temptations I decided to concoct something simple, healthy and satisfying. And I wanted to limit this to 5 ingredients.
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 largish Asian ripe pear
- juice from 1/2 fresh lime
- 1/2 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon
- 2 ounces toasted Pepitas (or you can substitute roasted pistachios)
- Rinse your fruit. Peel the banana and slice into quarter inch rounds. Peel the pear and dice into 3/4 inch pieces. Squeeze the lime over the cut fruit and let that sit for about 10 minutes. Add the cinnamon after 5 minutes and toss gently.
- Toast raw Pepitas in the oven for a few minutes. Top the salad with the toasted Pepitas. That is the core salad. If you want to garnish with fresh herbs and finish with a sprinkle of flax seed, let your diet inspire your variations.
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.