Author Notes: For a breakfast salad especially with all the holiday temptations I decided to concoct something simple, healthy and satisfying. And I wanted to limit this to 5 ingredients.
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 largish Asian ripe pear
- juice from 1/2 fresh lime
- 1/2 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon
- 2 ounces toasted Pepitas (or you can substitute roasted pistachios)
- Rinse your fruit. Peel the banana and slice into quarter inch rounds. Peel the pear and dice into 3/4 inch pieces. Squeeze the lime over the cut fruit and let that sit for about 10 minutes. Add the cinnamon after 5 minutes and toss gently.
- Toast raw Pepitas in the oven for a few minutes. Top the salad with the toasted Pepitas. That is the core salad. If you want to garnish with fresh herbs and finish with a sprinkle of flax seed, let your diet inspire your variations.