Author Notes: We roasted a duck for dinner last night and wanted a salad with some sweetness to complement the richness of the duck. This fit the bill. - inpatskitchen
Serves 2 as a side salad
Walnut Sage Dressing
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts (toast in a 350F oven for 8 to 10 minutes and then chop)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk all ingredients together and set aside.
For the salad
- 1/2 cup (about 12) whole walnuts
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 to 6 cups assorted baby salad greens
- 1/2 Asian pear sliced into matchstick size pieces
- 3 fresh sage leaves finely sliced
- The Walnut Sage dressing
- Coat the whole walnuts in the sugar and honey and then place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- Divide the salad greens between two salad plates. Place half of the walnuts, half of the Asian pear slices and half of the sliced sage over each plate of greens. Dress the salad with a few spoonfuls of the dressing and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Walnuts & Sage