Author Notes: This is one of my favorite things to make and it makes a great appetizer! It's so simple to make and quickly becomes addictive. - Pretty Girls Cook
- 2 pounds whole milk or smoked mozzarella cubed or sliced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut mozzarella in desired shape
- Set up a breading station with flour in one bowl, beaten egg in one, and panko mixed with parmesan, Italian seasoning and salt in another.
- Dredge mozzarella in flour then dip in egg and cover in panko mixture.
- Once all mozzarella is completed, let chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Mozzarella can also be frozen until you are ready to cook.
- When you are ready to cook mozzarella, heat about an inch of oil to about 350 degrees.
- Cook mozzarella on each side until golden brown.
- . Drain on paper towel and serve with your favorite marinara sauce.