If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Our friend Dave, served us a great tuna salad that captures the flavors of Southern California. I had to add a Meyer lemon to the mix, because we had a Meyer lemon tree in the backyard of the desert house where we were lucky enough to be spending a little time. Dave's wife Dot likes a little mustard in her version, so that ingredient is added as well. This version of a classic is light, easy on the mayo, and loves a few cashews served on the side if you want just a touch of salt and crunch. It is very refreshing and bright and does not weigh you down in the afternoon desert sun! - Bevi
- 12 ounces can Albacore tuna
- 5 stalks celery, medium chopped
- 1 poblano chile, chopped in 1/4" dice
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, deseeded, and medium chopped
- 5 scallions, medium chopped
- handfuls cilantro, medium chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon mayonaise, scant to heaping, depending on your preference
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or country Dijon mustard
- juice of one half of a Meyer lemon (use a regular lemon if necessary)
- salt and pepper to season
- Drain the tuna and place in serving bowl. Break up the chunks. Add the chopped celery, poblano chile, cucumber, scallions, and cilantro. Then add the capers. Stir the solid ingredients until blended.
- Add the mayonaise, mustard, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Blend with a fork. adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve with a few salted cashews on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe