If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sage, for me, just belongs with winter squash and brussel sprouts. Add goat cheese, and I'm in heaven. And so this tart was born... —JessicaBakes
Makes 1 10" tart
- 1 1/4 cups Ground walnuts
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 10 ounces goat cheese
- 1 cup butternut squash, mashed
- 1 teaspoon salt (kosher please!)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup halved brussel sprouts
- Preheat the oven to 325 and butter a 10" tart pan.
- Mix together the walnuts, butter, sage and sugar to form the crust. Press into your prepared tart pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until edge is golden brown. Set aside to cool while you make your filling and turn the oven up to 350.
- Melt the butter for the filling in a saucepan, then add the shallots and cook over medium-high heat until caramelized, about 8 minutes. Pour the shallots into the crust.
- In a food processor, combine the goat cheese, butternut, salt, pepper, cream and eggs. Once combined, add the rosemary and sage and process just until mixed in.
- Pour your cheese and butternut mixture into the prepared tart pan (you may have some leftover, which you can bake by itself in a ramekin). In a bowl, toss your brussel sprouts with the olive oil. Then press the brussel sprout halves into the tart, cut side up.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, until your brussel sprouts look brown and delicious and the tart, when shaken lightly, remains firm. Allow to cool for 10 minutes to set, then enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Walnuts & Sage
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.