If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: All the flavors of Apple Pie - in a more portable muffin format —Amee
For the topping
- 2 ounces pecan nuts, chopped coarsely
- 2 ounces light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 handful of the chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
For the muffin batter
- 14 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 ounces butter softened
- 6 ounces soft brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 9 ounces finished weight of brambly (or other cooking apple)apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 200 milliliters sour cream
- 25 milliliters regular milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Liberally butter a 12-hole muffin tin and preheat the oven to 180C.
- Make the topping by putting your chopped 'Bramleys', about one quarter of the finished flesh, in a bowl with the cinnamon, nuts and sugar and set aside.
- Make the wet mixture, mixing the sour cream, milk and egg together.
- Add the wet to the dry mix, stir well to combine - being careful not to over mix. Spoon the batter into the buttered muffin tin and sprinkle the topping generously over each one. Bake for 25 mins, leave to cool slightly in the tin before removing to a wire rack.
- Dissolve your icing sugar with a little drop of water and drizzle over the top when completely cool.
One Terrific Tiffin
A multilayered lunchbox to love
A multilayered lunchbox to love.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
Recipe of the Day
We give it 8 tentacles up.