If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Literally, crumbs or scraps, migas are the genius breakfast of some Mexican brainiacs disguising chips and salsa into a delicious breakfast. Migas are a great use of the bottom of the tortilla chip bag or some stale crumbs that you found in the back of your cupboard hidden behind the seven pound bag of chocolate chips. Migas are a Texas staple and one of the amazing foods that have become necessities since I became a resident of this great state. —OB Cookie
Serves 2 hungry people
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup salsa verde or small can of green chiles
- 1/2 cup tortilla chips broken into small pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, jack, whatever you got)
- salsa, sour cream, cilantro to top
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until ripples
- Add onion and garlic with pinch of salt and stir carefully until translucent
- Add green salsa and chips, stir until chips are slightly soggy
- Add eggs and stir until cooked, add cheese until melted
- Serve with toppings and enjoy
A Grain of Truth
When to switch up salts
The truth about salt swaps.
Our recent favorite recipes.
It's time to travel.
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
Put cake on a pedestal.