Author Notes: I got hooked on this at the infamous Rum bar, Smuggler's Cove in San Francisco. The passion fruit syrup adds such an exotic tropical perfume, and the loads of fresh lime juice leave it refreshingly tart in the age of syrupy sweet cocktails. - wineaplenty
Makes 2 cocktails
- 4 ounces White Rum (Bacari or something with more personality)
- 1 ounce Dark Rum (Myers or, again, something with more personality)
- 3 ounces Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 ounces Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 ounce Torani Passion Fruit Syrup
- 1 splash Soda Water to Taste
- cups Crushed Ice
- Orange Zest Garnish
- Measure and pour rums, juices and syrup in a shaker over ice and shake until chilled.
- Fill a large glass with lots of crushed ice and garnish with an a long and wide strip of orange zest known as a horse's neck. The zest should wind around your glass like a snake- the longer the better!
- Strain ingredients from the shaker into the glass over the crushed ice.
- Top with soda water to your taste- anywhere from a splash to a few ounces per glass is appropriate.
- Enjoy- you may need a straw as the crushed ice can be tricky to navigate!