If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite Chinese vegetable. Cooked right, it comes out juicy and tender- also packed with good nutrition.
To make it simple and consistent, I've simplify this dish by blanching the sprouts (instead of stir-frying) and mixing it with the beautiful sauce. The result? Healthier and delicious!
Serves 2 as side dish
- 2 cups pea shoots
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon raw cane sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 dried chilies
- 1 tablespoon chinese cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock (or water)
- Boil a pot of water; when water is boiling, blanch the pea shoots until wilted, about 1 min. Drain and rinse in cold water, set aside. Should reduce to half the size.
- In a bowl, mix salt, sugar, wine, and stock; set aside. Heat gently a small pot with peanut oil and add in garlic and chilies; fry until fragrant , about 2 minutes. Pour the hot oil along with the garlic and chilies into the mixture in the bowl. Mix well and pour onto the pea shoots; mix (massage) well and serve along with rice.
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.