If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This works as a great side dish to a light baked white fish, or you could always stir fry some beef or chicken as well and serve it all over noodles. Here I use broccolini, but I use chinese broccoli when I can get my hands on it. It also works well with regular broccoli. - Oops! Were you gonna eat that?
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili oil (you can use red chili flakes if you can't find this)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium is fine)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil (or other flavorless oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch pieces ginger, grated on a microplane
- 1 1/4 pounds broccolini
- sesame seeds, optional
- Make the stir fry sauce: in a small bowl, add all the stir fry sauce ingredients. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the canola oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger. Stir constantly for 30 seconds, making sure the garlic doesn't burn.
- Add the broccolini, turning to coat in the oil. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Give the stir fry sauce a good stir and pour into the pan. Turn the broccolini to coat and then cover the pan. Steam for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and continue to stir fry for another 3-5 minutes, until the broccolini is still bright green, but the stems have become slightly tender. (Note: I like my vegetables a bit "al dente," if you prefer yours more fully cooked, let them go a bit longer than 5 minutes).
- Transfer the broccolini to a serving plate. Let the stir fry sauce continue to simmer and reduce in the pan until it becomes almost syrupy, a few more minutes.
- Drizzle a few spoonfuls of the reduced sauce over the broccolini and sprinkle with some sesame seeds, if desired.
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Shop Spring Cleaning
Bake yourself breakfast.