Author Notes: This is my once in a week lunch menu. It is healthy, filling and tasty. - PistachioDoughnut
Makes 2 cups of sprouts
- 1.5 cups Homemade Mung Bean Sprouts
- 1 Small Tomato, chopped
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- pinches asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon Green Chillies,chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Coriander -cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander leaves to garnish
- Boil the sprouts for about 15 minutes or so , till they are al dente with a little bit of water. About 1/2 cup of water is more than enough to boil them. Once boiled remove them in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan add, cumin seeds and once they crackle add asafoetida and then add the ginger, garlic and chopped green chillies. Saute them a little bit.Then add chopped onions , once the onions turn translucent add the tomatoes.
- After few minutes, add all the spices and season it. And, finally add the sprouts. remove the water from the sprouts. If you want to use the water , then you can. But, I prefer to remove it.
- Mix everything well. And garnish it with coriander leaves.