If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my once in a week lunch menu. It is healthy, filling and tasty. —PistachioDoughnut
Makes 2 cups of sprouts
- 1.5 cups Homemade Mung Bean Sprouts
- 1 Small Tomato, chopped
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- pinches asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon Green Chillies,chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Coriander -cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander leaves to garnish
- Boil the sprouts for about 15 minutes or so , till they are al dente with a little bit of water. About 1/2 cup of water is more than enough to boil them. Once boiled remove them in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan add, cumin seeds and once they crackle add asafoetida and then add the ginger, garlic and chopped green chillies. Saute them a little bit.Then add chopped onions , once the onions turn translucent add the tomatoes.
- After few minutes, add all the spices and season it. And, finally add the sprouts. remove the water from the sprouts. If you want to use the water , then you can. But, I prefer to remove it.
- Mix everything well. And garnish it with coriander leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.